Search Engine Optimization: Best Practices & Examples“On a broad scale I see SEO becoming a normalized marketing tactic, the same way TV, radio, and print are traditionally thought of as marketing tactics.” © Duane Forrester The importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices are vital in order to survive in the modern competitive business world. To stand out of the crowd, businesses all over the world need to put enormous efforts by developing a comprehensive thought-out strategy, taking into account the company’s major goals, preferences of targeted audience, and ‘rules’ of search engines. Today we will introduce to the key benefits of SEO for business, best examples of optimized websites and present few very interesting statistics. Let’s get started!
Key Benefits of SEO practices
SEO Helps You Stand Out from Your CompetitorsOn the first page of a SERP (search engine results page), there are up to six paid positions, three map listings, and 10 organic listings. If you can align your keyword strategy to appear in a paid listing, a map listing, and an organic listing, you’re increasing your likelihood of a site visit and decreasing the likelihood of a searcher clicking to visit your competitors.
Take Your Business to the Next LevelSEO can bring it thousands upon thousands of visitors to your website a day. This may put your company in a position of needing to expand to a larger web server to accommodate the traffic and sales to your website. Your customers may recommend you a product or service that they were looking for when they visited your website. SEO is a really great investment for your company and could be what you need to take it to the next level.
A Good SEO Strategy Enhances PPC Quality ScoreWe all know how important Quality Score is for PPC campaigns. But, did you know that Quality Score and the content on your website go hand-in-hand? A good SEO strategy includes creating pages on your website for your products and services and using relevant keywords through your site. By aligning your text ad messages to the content on your website or driving PPC traffic to relevant landing pages (like a page for a specific product or service), you can improve your Quality Score, which can, in turn, reduce your cost per click and improve the performance of your pay-per-click advertising.
SEO Boosts the Effectiveness of Your Other Marketing EffortsBecause of an increased market share in SERPs (search engine results pages) with SEO, you can boost the effectiveness of your marketing efforts like PPC and retargeting. For example, coupling SEO and search advertising can improve traffic by 50%. Coupling SEO and retargeting can increase brand awareness. You can also use the insights from your SEO strategy to fine-tune your PPC campaigns – if you have keywords that are performing well for your organic search, you can add those to your PPC campaigns and test whether or not performance improves.
The Results are Low CostOrganic listings are essentially free. When you are listed at the top, you don’t need to pay per click or allocate a budget for business advertising, one of the main benefits of SEO is that it is the gift that keeps on giving. With a little bit of effort you can watch your website get consistent traffic. You don’t have to pay $10 for every person who clicks on your ad. Unlike pay-per-click advertising, your traffic will not drop to nothing when it stops. SEO gets rid of the need to have thousands of ads across the web. _________
3 Great Examples of Best SEO PracticesHave a look and get inspired by new ideas!
- Direct call to action: "Talk to someone who does"
- Secondary call to action: The three thought bubbles below the main CTA link directly to their products page, allowing the user to learn more information if they're not ready to talk to someone, as suggested by the primary CTA.
- Good H1 tag: "Transform your business with API-led connectivity"
- Very prominent call to action: "Get Anypoint Platform"
- Good H1 tag: "Do You Understand Your Visitors?"
- Good H2 (including bolded words) that also serves as a concise description of the product
- Eye-catching call to action (the video and also within the main navigation bar)
Mind-Blowing SEO Statistics You Have Not Heard About!
- Google receives over 63,000 searches per second on any given day
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
- The first organic search result will get nearly 33% of clicks
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results
- High-quality content and link building are the two most important signals used by Google to rank your website for search
- Long-form content of over 1,000 words consistently receives more shares and links than shorter form content
- Marketers see SEO as becoming more effective, with 82% reporting effectiveness is on the rise and 42% of this group stating effectiveness is increasing significantly
- In 2018, the average firm is expected to allocate 41% of their marketing budget to online, and this rate is expected to grow to 45% by 2020